Substitute Teaching Requirements
In order to become a substitute teacher in Texas you will need to have the following for a substitute teacher certification.
- An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree (requirements vary based on the district you would like to work in)
- Fingerprint card and background check
- Completed application and payment of all application fees to the Texas Education Agency
- Official Transcripts from your college or university
- Letters of recommendation
It is important to check with the specific school district you are interested in to see what their requirements are, and to obtain their application form. You can see a complete list of school districts in Texas by clicking here.